Today we met with the funeral director. He was a nice man. That is a horribly tough job, never do you meet people in the best of circumstances. We finalized the arrangements as well.
The funeral will be the full military funeral. Uniformed military pall bearers, taps, bag pipes, flag ceremony, the whole shooting match. I am a little concerned that this will be too extreme for us all.
We chose not to use the "family car" from the funeral home, I am driving me and my mom up there, along with two of her friends. I am not sure who is coming either. I hear many members of the family are complaining that the funeral is too far away. They don't want to drive to Portland. "it would be more convenient if he were buried in Sheridan" two people have said to me.
I have also had to tell 3 family members that it is NOT ok to take photos of the service, the body or the grave site. How morbid. Who wants a picture of a man in a casket? And who would you show it too? Do you bring that shit out at the family reunion each year?
I hope people don't have to be strong armed at either of the services. Just act like a human being, people!
Damn. We forgot to order a nice big funeral arrangement for my dad today. We waited until we met with the funeral director to see if we need a floor arrangement or a casket arrangement. Found out the flag will be on the casket, and intended on ordering the flowers afterwards. I will get up super early tomorrow and try to get it taken care of. FUCK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We just wanted you to know that we're thinking of you.
Kristen & Joe
Post a Comment