Friday, July 27, 2007

July 27, 2007 -- A Black Cloud?

Today was rough for me. My parents called me at 7am to tell me they were on their way home from the airport. At 6:59am I was sleeping, and had every intention of staying home from work to recover--but since I was awake, I figured I'd go in.

My boss BD, who I've written about before, I'm sure, is a wonderful person, and a dear friend. She is sick now too. Her husband has been keeping me informed. I don't think the situation is going to be bad in the long term. But it is still so early to tell. I'm sure she'll be away for a few weeks to recover. I hope she is ok...not only for her and her family, but selfishly for myself.

My dad is reacting pretty well to the new chemo -- was sick a bit last night, and just started getting the chemo/chemical mouth, but he's working through it with the alternative treatments (oranges, and almonds, and other things that coat the mouth).

I'm looking forward to going into a cocoon this weekend and relaxing completely.

No comments: