Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 18, 2007 -- Nothing at all...

So last week at this time I was in Oregon visiting my parents. Do I say this in every singe blog posting??--- has it been another week already? Christ. It seems like this week I was just running from one thing to another. Summer is almost over. It just seems like everything is just slipping away too fast. I just feel drained. I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels too. Am I unhappy -- I don't think so. Am I excited -- no. Am I depressed -- possibly. Maybe I just feel so out of control lately, and it's a feeling I'm not use to. Usually I have a plan, a set of goals, steps to reach those goals, etc. Lately I feel like floating in a rushing river. With no control. Nothing stopping me from continuing down a wild rocky path with no means of stopping.

My dad's new chemo treated him very well this week. He didn't have any side effects -- he slept well, he ate well. A friend of his from the mill came over today. He brought my dad some steaks (I guess that is the mill workers option to bring instead of a bottle of wine), and some fresh vegetables from his garden. He stayed with my dad, chatting, for about 30 minutes. This guy recently lost his son, who was my age. The kid was running from the police on his motor cycle. The police gave chase, and the motorcyclist ran a stop sign and broad sided a pick up truck. He died shortly thereafter. For those morbid people out there, you can watch the video from the police car dash board camera on http://www.newsregister.com/.

I fly to Los Angeles on Monday. I return on Friday. It's is for work. I'm looking forward to a couple of the meetings -- I think the meeting with the accountants will be very helpful and will save me tons of time and headaches in the future.

When I was home last week, my parents surprised me with a wonderful present. Something that I know I will treasure forever. My parents went to a photographer in McMinnville, and had series of photos taken. You can tell from the photo that my mom had been crying -- but I think you can only tell if you know her, and look very closely. Considering what is going on with my dad, I think his picture looks great. Evidently my mom brought several changes of clothes, but she kept crying , and her makeup would some how end up on her clothes. Evidently two photos looked great. When I'm back in town again, I'll head over to the studio and see for myself. I love photography -- from candids, to still life to formal sittings. It might sound silly, but I think everyone should get an annual photo -- what's it going to hurt?

So what do you think of this pic?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love it! Your mom and dad look great and they look happy. As you know from my wall at home I totally agree with you about photos, I can't take/get enough! Photos are so important to me, I think if we had a fire I would try and lug out all my scrap books and my pictures off the wall.