Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 26, 2007 -- Home Again

My dad slept well last night. He's been on a liquid diet since he was admitted Friday night. He woke up this morning feeling fine. Rested, no fever at all, but hungry. The doctors released him with another prescription for some heavy antibiotics. He got home around 11am today.

He worked out a little bit, nothing major, and actually had some good food today. He's been devouring the tomatoes we planted in June -- he says we are getting about 4-6 tomatoes each day, and are still going very strong on new growth.

This is so rough. It is such a roller coaster. Although I guess this is better than one of the alternatives (just going down hill).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

You don't know me, but I just came across your blog and it has really moved me. I'm a fellow Oregonian (I live in Tigard but I'm in McMinnville quite often) and I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and your family during this difficult time. I know what you're going through and it isn't easy. My mother passed away four years ago this month from cancer. It was heartwrenching to watch her go through what she did and feel so helpless.

I was fortunate enough to be geographically close to my mother when she was ill. And I know how difficult even that was. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live half-way across the country and feel torn about being home and still do your job. But I also know that you won't regret spending time with your dad — especially if he's lucid and knows who you are. That was the most difficult thing for me when my mom died...by the time we finally accepted that she was dying, it was too late to say goodbye. She was unconcious most of the time and so drugged up she didn't know what was what.

Hang in there...I'm going to send some positive "hooba-jooba" your way. Take care.

Jamie