Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2, 2007 -- No Answer Can Mean Only One Thing...

When the phone rings and rings and rings at my parents house, it can only mean one thing. My dad is back in the hospital. His fever reached another high today...luckily it was only 103 or so. He's in the new wing at the hospital -- he's got a flat screen TV, and he's pretty stoked about that. I only talked to him for a few minutes then his dinner arrived. I'll call him back in a few minutes.

He's spent time in the hospital every other week since he started Chemo (I don't think he's missed a time yet). He usually has his chemo on Monday, gets the pump removed on Wednesday, is sick for a few days, then feels better, then the following week (Thursday or Friday) his fever spikes, and then he goes into the hospital for 3-6 days. I don't know what to say.

I am flying out there on Wednesday for my dad's birthday and my High School Reunion. I'm also going to see EAD and JFB -- which I'm really looking forward to. I think for JFB, EAD and I to all be in PDX together means we would have flown a total of about 15,000 miles round trip -- if my math is correct. We better enjoy ourselves.

Off to call my dad and see what's going on.

No comments: