Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21, 2007 -- From Afar

So this week I'm in L.A. (don't try to go rob my house -- I have a house sitter, watching Lilly). My dad has been in a lot of pain lately -- he's actually taking his pain meds, which is so unlike him. He is still having a hard time sleeping -- can't sleep on his stomach, the tumors hurt too much -- can't sleep on his side, same reason. Can't sleep on his back because that's just obnoxious (I agree). He was much more active today, and he said that made him feel better. He's been using the exercise bike a lot lately, but today he went out and worked in the yard and ran errands around town -- I think that helps mostly because it takes his mind off of things -- but then again, I'm in insurance, what do I know?

A friend from a previous life got in touch with me again. One of my closest friends for years -- I was even honored enough to stand up at his wedding. He use to spend days at a time at my house -- then we all went off to college and drifted apart. Anyway, he emailed me today and gave me some of the pros and cons for having the PICC line removed and a chest port installed, and who should do it, etc. So I sent it to my dad -- and more importantly than having a medical professional give him free advice, my dad was excited that this friend was alive and well, and actually volunteering to help. Not sure where my dad is from -- but that's what friends do. He asked one million questions about what this guy has been doing, etc-- of course I couldn't answer most of them. It really perked him up -- Thanks DH -- that made my dad's day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, anything I can do...